eng-cite is excited to host an Engineering Badge Day for Girl Guides in the Metro Vancouver area! We will provide hands-on activities and projects so girls can earn their Girl Guide Science & Technology: Engineering Badge.
Girls will get creative and participate in fun engineering activities, connect with other guides and talk to current engineering students who will share their stories and experiences. This is a great opportunity for girls to visit the UBC campus and ask all the questions they may have about university life and engineering!
Date: Saturday, May 13, 2017
Time: 10am – 2pm | 9:30am Registration
Location: UBC Vancouver Point Grey Campus. Engineering Design Centre.
Cost: Free! Pizza lunch and snacks included.
Registration: Please register using the process below. Registration is open to Guides and their Guiders. Registration closes on April 28 – all forms must be received by this date.
* If you have a boy that is interested in similar programming, we highly encourage you to explore Geering Up and UBC Engineering events. As well, please be aware that we have an inclusive view of the word “girl” and we welcome trans, genderqueer and non-binary folks interested in the workshop.
For more information – please refer to the West Coast Area Girl Guides: Program website.
- Register through the following link and get an online ticket for the event: http://wcaguidesengineering.eventbrite.ca
- Download the following files:
- Complete the H1, SG2 and waiver. It is very important that the H1 form has TWO emergency contacts listed and a photo attached.
- Mail completed forms to:
- Hilary Feldman
303 – 3270 West 4th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V6K 1R9
- Hilary Feldman
- Once your package has been received, you’ll get an email confirming your registration.
NOTE: You are not fully registered until Hilary Feldman receives the complete registration package!
The final deadline for the receipt of completed registration packages is Friday, April 28, 2017.